There is a lot of competition at Bradesco Bank in Brazil because a new CEO must be appointed in the next few months. This situation is brought about by the fact that Lazaro Brandao has decided to retire from the presidency position. 91-year old Brandao is globally recognized as one of the oldest and longest-serving bank executives. In to replace Brandao as president is incumbent CEO Luiz Carlos Trabuco, another significant figure in Brazil’s banking history. Luiz Carlos Trabuco is nonetheless to serve as both the president and CEO until a new CEO is elected.
During an event, Luiz Carlos Trabuco gave news that the person who will be elected to the executive position will be from the bank’s board of directors. This is in regards to continuing with Bradesco’s tradition which is appointing in-house members. However, completion for the position comes in that all the possible candidates are abled. They are not only board members, but they have held top departmental positions and brought about a lot of development for Bradesco.
Listed below are the potential candidates, and overviews of positions they have held.
• Mauricio Machado de Minas – Before making Bradesco his company of choice, 58-year old Mauricio worked at CPM Braxis. He made the switch in 2009 and is the sitting head of IT.
• Domingos Figueiredo Abreu – Domingos played a very critical role when Bradesco was acquiring HSBC’s Brazilian wing. He joined Bradesco in 1981 and currently is the vice president of the credit and finance sectors.
• Josue Augusto Pancini – At 57 years, Josue heads the entire Bradesco network, including the high-revenue division. He has been part of the Bradesco family since 1975.m
• Andre Rodrigues Cano – Andre is one of the newest people to recently join the Bradesco board of directors, though he has been a vital part since joining in 1977. Andre Cano takes on the duty of running Bradesco’s entire human resource sector.
• Marcelo de Araujo Noronha – Marcelo Noronha joined Bradesco in 2003, and heads corporate and investment banking divisions. Marcelo is also in charge of Bradesco BBI, including the card operation.
• Alexandre da Silva Gluher – Aged 57, Alexandre joined the institution in 1976 and is the chief risk executive. Gluher and Domingos Abreu were significant players of Bradesco’s purchase of HSBC.
• Octavio de Lazari – The 54-year old executive is the latest addition to Bradesco’s board of executives. His current role is head of the insurance unit, which generates over a third of the total company revenues.
A Look at the career of Luiz Carlos Trabuco
Luis Carlos Trabuco was born in 1951, in Marilla, Sao Paolo. He is a graduate of the Socio-Psychology from the University of Sao Paolo and also graduated from the Sciences, Philosophy and Letters Faculty of Sao Paolo University.
Luiz Carlos Trabuco started his career as early as when he was 18 years of age. In 1969, he secured his first of which was to be among the various positions at Bradesco Bank. Other roles he played at the institution include department director from 1984 to 1998 when he got promoted to an executive managerial position. Through his hard work, he was promoted to executive vice president barely a year later
Luiz Carlos Trabuco was also at one time the head of Bradesco Seguros. As the head of management, Bradesco Seguros experienced a lot of positive growth, like growing from holding assets worth about 32 billion in 2003, to approximately $78 billion in 2008. He only left the position to start taking on presidency duties.
Luiz Carlos Trabuco also sits as the chairman of the Board of Representatives and Executive of the National Confederation Financial Institutions, Member of the Strategic Committee of Vale Sao Paulo, and also on the Board of Directors of Elo Participacoes SA as Chairman.
Visit valor.com.br for more information about Luiz Carlos Trabuco.